Pages

Friday 11 May 2012

Crazy for kettlebells!

I've been on vacation the past 2 days which has enabled me to plan my meals and workout when I feel like I have a steady source of energy. I woke up naturally this morning around 7am, and whipped together  my usual green smoothie. I will post about this and my general nutrition in a separate entry. I waited 2 hours for my food to digest and then began my workout (kettle bell circuit).
My circuit workout normally flows like this:
  • 1.5 minutes of a kettle bell exercise
  • 2 minutes of skipping
  • 1 minute of core exercise
  • 15 second rest

I just started using an ab wheel for my core exercise and it is killer! Highly recommended for building core strength. It's a simple but really tests your core. Here are the kettle bell exercises I performed.

Around the world (shoulder warm up exercise)
Alternating swings
Clean and press (right side)
Clean and press (left side)
Squats (all the way to the floor) (right side)
Lunges (all the way to the floor) (left side)
Snatch (right side)
Snatch (left side)
10 turkish get ups
Around the world (slow cool down)

Prior to the workout, I skipped for 4 minutes to increase blood flow, and performed various dynamic stretches to warm up.

Post workout I stretched to work on increasing my flexibility. Stretching after your workout is always better since your body is warm and pliable, which can help to avoid injury.

No comments:

Post a Comment